Saturday, May 31, 2014

Concert Chronicles - Friday

The STELLO Masquerade camp is over. The concert is over. What a week it's been.

A lot of really cool things have happened this week. First, prayers have been answered. God kept us all healthy enough to perform and He definitely showed up in a big way last night. He was moving and active during the whole week. On Monday we learned about four types of masks; on Tuesday we ripped up our jeans to represent our imperfections, and on Wednesday we had the chance to give up our masks completely. Thursday we mostly recovered from Wednesday, and Friday finally came. 

Our flawed performances in the first act, in my opinion, were due to spiritual warfare and us trying to make the concert happen in our own strength. Then after intermission, Eden had the audience come pray for us on stage before we started the second act. I don't know about the other girls, but it left me with an amazing sense of peace the rest of the concert. We finished only in Christ's power. The testimonies at the end weren't rehearsed or put in a particular order, but God spoke so clearly through every single girl who talked. It left me blown away at God's grace.

The girls that came to camp on Monday morning definitely came a little nervous. By Friday, God transformed us into a family. What a miracle to see girls who didn't know each other a week ago becoming dear friends! I grew closer to the girls that I met and strengthened my existing relationships. I truly am so grateful for each girl that showed up at camp.

I will be back soon to share the other girls' opinions of the week and the concert. Thank you for reading and supporting STELLO!

No comments:

Post a Comment